Sunday 6 May 2018

A QUESTION OF DEATH AND NO LIFE

I decided to apply for a UK passport in 1988 and was told I was not entitled to one and that I must apply for citizenship. I refused as I had entered the UK as a citizen on a UK passport. I spent about nine years trying to persuade the authorities that I was a British citizen, and, therefore, had no need to apply for citizenship, not just without success. I was ridiculed on countless occasions over the next thirty years for making such a claim. The UK government could not possibly be wrong on such an issue. It was evident that in the majority of cases I was regarded as some kind of confidence trickster.

The Prime Minister of the UK has now stated that we are UK citizens. This means that for thirty years the UK authorities have been denying me my identity and my rights. Furthermore, my own investigations have resulted in the discovery that my demotion from citizen to immigrant took place in 1971. This was when they decided that we were not citizens, but immigrants with indefinite leave to stay in the United Kingdom.

It is, in fact, a period of 47 years in which this deception has been perpetrated upon us. How many of the Windrush Generation and their children have died in this legal limbo and how does one compensate for that? Consideration should be given to the fact that our original number was in the region of 550,000. There are now approximately 50,000.

How many have died since 1971? I know that my mother has, my younger brother too and virtually every one of my parents’ generation, and many of mine. The majority of the Windrush Generation have died during the period 1971 to the present. They have almost all died in this legal limbo, WITHOUT KNOWING IT. Moreover, since 1971, how many went back to the land of their birth and were not permitted to return to the UK, even though the UK government were definitely cognisant of the fact that they were UK citizens? A fact now acknowledged as such, I believe, because the Windrush Generation and their children are nearly all dead.

The reality is that I have not been able to return to the UK in twenty-one (21 years), since 1997. So, will someone please tell me, what the legislation since 2012, designed to rid the UK of immigrants who had come since 2004 and in particular nationals of the Republic of Poland, to do with the “Windrush Generation”. The UK government is deliberately conflating many issues, such as legal and illegal immigration with the issue of the Windrush Generation, so that the abominable manner in which we have been treated may remain hidden. What has happened to us has not arisen accidentally. Every UK government since 1971 must have known what was happening to the UK citizens they had betrayed.

This is how the deception was executed! In our passport it stated that we were “given leave to enter the United Kingdom for an indefinite period.” However, what was not in the passport was that if one left the United Kingdom for more than two years, one could not return. It is now virtually impossible to identify how many people were excluded as a result of this deception because the vast majority are DEAD.

WE SHOULD NOT ACCEPT THAT THIS HAS ARISEN ACCIDENTALLY.

In view of the above, I am in anxious need of a lawyer who will deal with the UK government on my behalf as the ability to do so fails me. I have been suffering this abomination for thirty (30) years and really cannot cope with any more. An introduction to a good lawyer would be greatly appreciated.

I also need this lawyer with regard to the compensation the UK government speaks of. I am not prepared to accept anything which is not negotiated between two equal parties: The UK government and my representative.

It must be clearly understood that I will not be told by the UK government what my suffering has been. ALL aspects of the loss of dignity, the disavowal of identity, the exclusion, the humiliation, the degradation and deprivation caused must be assessed by a mutually agreed third party.

There are many things to add to this list. For this I will certainly need a very good lawyer. Of course, I know, all lawyers are “good”.
I would like to end with a question which ought to be the point at which the negotiation with the UK government begins:

What is the amount of damages due to an individual who has been wrongfully imprisoned for thirty years?

No comments:

Post a Comment